- 3-Day Emergency Diet (English & Spanish)
- Extreme Heat Safety Tips
- Preparing for Emergencies: A Guide for People on Dialysis
- Preparese para Emergencias: Una guia para personas en dialisis
- Infection Control for Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) Patients After a Disaster
- Drink Safe Water
- Winter Storms Extreme Cold Safety Tips
Kidney Community Emergency Response (KCER)
- DaVita: 800.400.8331
- Fresenius: 800.626.1297
- DCI: 866.424.1990
- DCI Donor Hotline/Transient Patients: 800.969.4438
- ARA: 888.880.6867
- SAMHSA – Disaster Distress Helpline: 800.985.5990
- US Renal Care: 866.671.8772
KCER has many valuable resources for patients and dialysis facilities. Visit the KCER website for more information.
KCER Ready is a self assessment that can help dialysis facilities and ESRD organizations evaluate their level of preparedness.
Dialysis Facility Resources
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule
- Emergency Preparedness for Dialysis Care Facilities: A Guide for Chronic Dialysis Facilities
- Planning for Natural Disasters and Other Types of Emergencies: A Guide for Dialysis Facilities (NKF)
- Bringing Hemodialysis Facilities Water Systems Back on Line After a Disaster
State & Federal Resources
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
Ready America is a national public service campaign designed to educate and empower Americans to prepare for and respond to emergencies including natural and man-made disasters. Visit the Ready America website for national, local and children’s resources.
A Spanish language version of this site is available. Other languages are also available on this page.